Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Alternative Plans in Homework Assignments



I have noticed that some students are getting stuck and frustrated with the current homework assignments.  In response I am constructing alternative plans.  These plans meet the needs of the individual student for that particular skill.

You can find the grade by grade alternative plans in the homework tables found in the Recent Homework Assignment page.

I will also construct alternative plans if the assigned material is too easy.  For example if a 6th grade student is not challenged with Pre-Algebra number sense I will move them up to the corresponding curricula in Algebra.

So far I have only updated 5th grade with an alternative plan.  My intention is roll out more over the week as I continue to conference with individual students.